We set free that part of ourselves that longs to live close to the natural world. It is that part of us that longs to walk barefoot in the grass, swim naked in a river, lie beneath the sun, sense the deep earth beneath us, and feel the cool breeze across our skin. We inhabit our soul in loving relationship with the stars, moon, mountains, animals, trees, and plants.
Practice: We share rituals together during full moons, new moons and at the seasonal quarters and cross-quarters to attune ourselves with the natural rhythm of life forces.
Phases of the Moon 2019
- We work with plants by going outside with a field guide to learn about them and by growing them in our homes and developing a relationship with them, listening to what they need and have to say to us.
- We go to a forest or Arboretum and share a picnic together. After the picnic, we take off our shoes and do 20 minutes of walking meditation barefoot in the forest. We end the meditation by hugging trees and one another. We conclude with a sacred ritual celebrating our connection with nature.
- Alliance for Wild Ethics
- Bane & Beauty
- The Ecological Rift: Capitalism’s War on the Earth by John Bellamy Foster
- The Emotional Lives of Animals: A Leading Scientist Explores Animal Joy, Sorrow, and Empathy — and Why They Matter by Marc Bekoff
- Essence of Permaculture by David Holmgren (free download)
- Forest Bathing (Shinrin-yoku)
- Hellenistic Astrology: The Study of Fate and Fortune by Chris Brennan
- Inner Mammal Institute
- Marx’s Ecology: Materialism and Nature by John Bellamy Foster
- Moon Phases 2019 – Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Moon Phases 2019 – Portland, Oregon
- Nature Fix: Why Nature Makes Us Happier, Healthier, and More Creative by Florence Williams
- Permaculture: Principles and Pathways beyond Sustainability by David Holmgren
- Queering Ecopsychology (pdf), European Journal of Ecopsychology by Jamie Heckert, Martin Milton and Meg Barker (editors)
- The Spell of the Sensuous: Perception and Language in a More-Than-Human World by David Abram
- The Secret Life of Plants: a Fascinating Account of the Physical, Emotional, and Spiritual Relations Between Plants and Man by Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird
- Yearning for the Wind by Tom Cowan